There are two main ways in which you can be involved with Voice4Parents, as a wider group member or by becoming a steering group member.
- As a wider group member of Voice4parents you will be added to our mailing list and
- have the opportunity to be kept up to date on the forums activities and the work they are involved in, and hear what’s happening in Wolverhampton
- be invited to attend events, drop in sessions, focus groups and workshops to hear the latest on the Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) services and how this will impact on your family.
- be invited to have your say via Voice4Parents’s feedback form on the website and via our annual survey, as well as the opportunity to be involved in local and national surveys and consultations
- have the opportunity talk to other parents in your situation at coffee and mornings/evenings, events, drop in sessions, and focus groups where parent/carers can get a little down time and share their views and experiences on the SEND services in Wolverhampton.
- As a steering group member:
- You will attend monthly steering group meetings to discuss strategic updates, parents/carer feedback and to discuss and plan future forum work.
- Be prepared to attend additional meetings and strategic groups where necessary.
- Promote the work of Voice4Parents within your own community, child/young person’s educational setting, clubs and support groups.
- Be prepared to volunteer at events, coffee mornings, focus groups, consultations and other activities where Voice4Parents will be engaging with parents and carers to promote the work of the forum and to increase its membership.
- We need parent/carers to take on a range of roles, from being part of the steering group to just helping out with coffee mornings.
- You will get the chance to meet a range of managers and professionals that make the decisions about services, that, in turn, have an impact on children and young people in Wolverhampton with SEND and their futures.
- You will get involved with partnership work (co-production) with the Local Authority, Health and other services as a parent representative (training is available)
- You don’t need to have had experience, just some commitment (training is available to help you)
If you would like to be involved but cannot commit to becoming a steering group member the forum is also looking for parents and carers to rake on the role of a parent/carer ambassadors to help support the forum by promoting the work we do, increasing our membership and reaching parents and carers within your community, schools and support groups.
If you are interested in becoming a steering group member or a parent ambassador please email us at email@example.com to let us know of your interest, telling us a little bit about yourself and your reason for wishing to be involved with the forum and one of the co-chairs will be in touch to discuss the role further.
To join our mailing list go to http://www.voice4parents.co.uk/get-involved